FLOWERY BRANCH — Here are the five things you need to know on Tuesday about the Falcons (7-7), who play host the undefeated Carolina Panthers (14-0) at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Georgia Dome.
1. PRACTICE: The Falcons will not practice today.
2. PLAYOFF PRIMER: The Falcons have a really slim chance to make the playoffs.
3. FALCONS FAN MAILBAG TODAY: Because of the holiday season the Falcons Fan Mailbag is moving to Tuesdays at 11 to 12 noon for the finals two weeks of the regulars season. So get your questions ready can come back to AJC.com at 11 a.m. today.
4. POWER MOVES MEAN: Steve Cannon was named CEO of Falcons’ owner Arthur Blank’s for-profit businesses. For the Falcons, the change means team president Rich McKay will report to Cannon, rather than to Blank. However, the leaders on the Falcons’ football operations side — head coach Dan Quinn and general manager Thomas Dimitroff — will continue to report to Blank.
5. SERIES RECORD: This will be the 42nd regular season meeting between the Falcons and the Panthers. The Falcons lead the series, 24-17. The Panthers have won the past two games by a combined score of 72-3. The Panthers have won five of the past six meetings.
The Atlanta Falcons snapped their six-game losing streak with a 23-17 win over the Jaguars on Sunday. CineSport’s Courtney Fallon recaps the victory with The Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s D. Orlando Ledbetter.