MOBILE, ALA. — Because of rain, today’s practices have been re-scheduled for later today.
Here are 5 things we learned on the first day of practice at the Senior Bowl.
1. FRONT OFFICE FEVER: The Falcons hired former general managers Phil Emery and Ruston Webster as national scouts. The team has a press conference scheduled for 3 p.m. on Thursday back in Flowery Branch.
2. BRAXTON MILLER: Ohio State wide receiver has interviewed with the Falcons. He played mostly inside at Ohio State. He’ll have to show teams that he can play outside at the Senior Bowl.
3. DRAKE IS FAST: Alabama running back Kenyan Drake had a nice run and showed of his speed at the South practice.
4. LINEBACKERS: The Falcons contingent included coach Dan Quinn, general manager Thomas Dimitroff, assistant general manager Scott Pioli and national scout Phil Emery. Webster was not present. They were excited to get an up close look at Alabama linebacker Reggie Ragland and Eastern Kentucky’s Noah Spence. Emery was trying to hide from the media as he stuffed his name tag inside his shirt after he was spotted by a reporter.
5. SWAIN IS OFF TO GOOD START: Navy running back Chris Swain got off to a good start. He has also interviewed with the Falcons.
FALCONS END OF SEASON STORIES