5 things we learned from Falcons coach Dan Quinn today
INDIANAPOLIS – Here are five things we learned from Falcons coach Dan Quinn at the NFL scouting combine today.
- THE WHITE DECISION: The Falcons have not made a decision on the future of wide receiver Roddy White.
- COOL WITH THE CAMP: Quinn said the players have not looped him in yet, but he’s fine with them holding a passing camp in April in Miami.
- NO MORE RESTRUCTURES: Quinn said no other veterans were approached about restructuring their contracts. Defensive end Paul Soliai wouldn’t accept a pay cut and will become a free agent.
- FREE SAFETY BATTLE: Ricardo Allen and Robenson Therezie will be a battle for the starting free safety position next season.
- FREE AGENTS: Linebacker O’Brien Schofield and defensive end Adrian Clayborn are set to become unrestricted free agents. Quinn would like to re-signed both players. He acknowledged that money could be an issue.
New Falcons head coach Dan Quinn said during Tuesday’s introductory press conference in Flowery Branch that he would have a hand in reworking the defense with help from assistant coaches Richard Smith and Raheem Morris, but was unsure whether he would be calling plays.
ATLANTA FALCONS OFFSEASON STORIES
Synthetic turf chosen for Mercedes-Benz Stadium
Falcons cheerleader training session on Saturday
Falcons’ Smith leaving to run Ohio State’s alumni association
5 positions for the Falcons to shore up
Dimitroff, Quinn have activated the ‘100-day’ plan
Stay or go: Pick Falcons’ defense
Stay or go: Pick Falcons’ offense
Falcons owner Arthur Blank vows to fight cancer, move on Super Bowl bid
Here’s what Blank is facing medically
Falcons released safety William Moore, linebacker Justin Durant
Falcons’ Matt Ryan picks Panthers win Super Bowl 50
Arthur Blank on Dimitroff, PSLs and Super Bowl bid
Falcons leaning toward keeping Roddy White