FLOWERY BRANCH — The Falcon have been in a free agency frenzy since the league’s new business year opened at 4 p.m. on Wednesday.
Here are five things to know as they move into Day 3 of free agency:
1. THE RETURN OF SPOON?: Former Falcons linebacker Sean Weatherspoon has returned after going to Arizona for a year. He did get to play in his second NFC championship game. If he can stay healthy and return to form he’d be a nice addition. He’s set to sign an one-year contract with the team today.
2. SANU TO REPLACE RODDY WHITE: Former Cincinnati wide receiver Mohamed Sanu, who’s never had more that 60 catches in a season, was essentially signed to replace Roddy White, the franchise’s all-time leading receiver. He received a five-year, $32.5 million deal. Columnist Jeff Schultz was under-whelmed.
3. BEASLEY IS HEALED: Falcons defensive end Vic Beasley was at Clemson’s Pro Day. He said his torn labrum is healed and he’s lifting weights on the regular. He also liked the team’s free agency moves along the defensive line in retaining Adrian Clayborn and picking up the stout Derrick Shelby.
4. MACK ATTACK: Falcons center Alex Mack knows left guard Adam Levitre, but will have to meet the rest of the guys. He’s also checked in with quarterback Matt Ryan already.
5. MINOR MOVES: The Falcons re-signed backup tackle Bryce Harris. Also, backup center Gino Gradkowski signed with Carolina. Linebacker O’Brien Schofield is disgruntled with the Falcons’ offer and may be headed back to Seattle. Rams cast offs Chris Long and James Laurinaitis have been in for visits, but their signings don’t appear imminent.
2016 NFL COMBINE COVERAGE
ATLANTA FALCONS OFFSEASON STORIES