FLOWERY BRANCH – Led by head coach Dan Quinn, the Falcons traveled out West this week to hold private workouts while 27 players gathered in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. to hold a three-day passing game.
Here are five things we learned about the Falcons this week:
1. Go West: The Falcons made stops Boise State, Washington State, UCLA, Stanford and San Jose State. At Boise State they were interested in linebacker/defensive end Kamalei Correa and safety Darian Thompson. At Washington State they worked out guard Joe Dahl.
2. Locals day is Wednesday: The Falcons will host their locals day on Wednesday. Georgia defensive tackle Sterling Bailey (East Hall) has been invited.
3. Boykin has workout: Dazzling Texas Christian quarterback Trevone Boykin told reporters at his pro day that he has a workout scheduled with the Falcons for April 12. He’s considered a wide receiver prospects by some teams. Also, Florida defensive lineman Jonathan Bullard has either a visit and/or workout with the Falcons.
4. Ragland watch: Alabama linebacker Reggie Ragland told SiriusXM NFL radio that the Falcons, Bears, Saints and Dolphins have been in contact the most. The Bears (11), Saints (12) and Dolphins (13) all pick before the Falcons, who are slotted 17th.
5. Red Uniforms: The Falcons could end up wearing all red uniforms if they play in a Thursday night game. Hopefully, they’ll pass out sun glass for that game. Don’t know why they won’t bring back the all-black uniforms.
FREE AGENCY STORIES
2016 NFL COMBINE COVERAGE
ATLANTA FALCONS OFFSEASON STORIES