FLOWERY BRANCH – During the second day of the offseason program, the Falcons held an open media session.
Here are 10 things we learned at the offseason program today:
1. Locker room remix: The players were talking about the new locker room arrangement that broke up the position groups. Matt Ryan has a new locker room spot and his new neighbor is center Alex Mack.
2. Jones and Sanu: Julio Jones said he’s stepping into the role vacated by Roddy White as the mentor to the receivers. He said he was helping Mohamed Sanu get acclimated to the new offense at the March passing camp and that Sanu was a willing listener.
3. Jones and Bama: Jones has been working out with Alabama running back Derrick Henry, who’s the second-rated running back in the draft.
4. Jones on Ragland: Jones is definitely up on the draft. He tried to dodge a question about if he’d been talking to former Alabama linebacker Reggie Ragland, who the Falcons may select with the 17th pick.
5. Hester’s rehab: Veteran kickoff and punt returner Devin Hester was rehabbing the foot injury that slowed him last season. He was working on his legs with a trainer.
6. Ryan on the redzone: Ryan noted that the offense must improve in the red zone in 2016.
7. Ryan on Kyle Shanahan: Ryan noted that he has a better mastery of the offense and doesn’t have to make as many “translations” from the system he ran for the first seven years of his NFL career.
8. Jones plans to keep playing: Jones was asked about players retiring early like former Detroit Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson and said he plans to keep playing until there is decline in his game.
9, Trufant on Collins: Trufant stressed to cornerback Jalen Collins, who been suspended for four games for violating the league’s performance enhancement drug policy, that it’s about what he does moving forward.
10. Trufant on Yoga: Trufant has been doing Yoga workouts, but he’s been staying away from the hot Yoga workouts.
LATEST ON THE FALCONS
FREE AGENCY STORIES
2016 NFL COMBINE COVERAGE
ATLANTA FALCONS OFFSEASON STORIES