FLOWERY BRANCH — It was “free agent signee” day at headquarters on Wednesday.
Wide receiver Mohamed Sanu, linebacker Sean Weatherspoon and center Alex Mack spoke to the media.
Here are five things we learned:
1. Bigger role. Sanu, who was the No. 3 or No. 4 receiver for most of his time with the Bengals, is slotted to be the Falcons No. 2 receiver and replace Roddy White. He said that he’s ready for a bigger role in the offense.
2. Norman’s pal. Sanu used to train with former Carolina cornerback Josh Norman and said they stay in contact on Twitter.
3. Non-committal on D-Block. Weatherspoon was non-committal on the return of the “D-Block” website show. With the re-arranged locker room, the vibe is about the team and not the position groups. He’s clearly feeling out the new environment.
4. Healthy Spoon. Weatherspoon said his health is “A-1.” He also talked about the liquid supplements that he’s taking and added that they are “all legal.”
5. Center exchange. Mack and quarterback Matt Ryan are locker room neighbors. They have already started working on their center and quarterback exchanges.