FLOWERY BRANCH – The Falcons, with running back Devonta Freeman limited, just completed their OTA practice on Tuesday.
We’ll speak to coach Dan Quinn and several players later. Check back for updates on Freeman and interviews with Matt Ryan and Julio Jones.
But for now, here are seven quick takes from the last open OTA of the offseason:
1. Freeman limited. Falcons running back Devonta Freeman didn’t participate in the 11-on-11 periods and was seen just shagging balls and handing off the football in other drills.
2. Clayborn back. Falcons defensive end Adrian Clayborn participated in the OTAs. He was limited with a strained pectoral injury.
3. Injury report. Returner Devin Hester (ankle/foot), right guard Chris Chester (shoulder), wide receiver Devin Fuller (hamstring) and defensive tackle Grady Jarrett (tendonitis knee) did not participate in the open practice. They worked off to the side with the trainers. Center James Stone (knee) did not work with the trainers. Fullback Will Rattelle had his left hand taped during the session. On one play, he was flanked out wide right to help block on an outside run.
4. Hooper’s return. Stanford tight end Austin Hooper will be on hand for the team’s mandatory minicamp next week. He had to miss OTAs because his school was not out yet.
5. Ball down. Falcons defensive end Derrick Shelby batted down a Ryan pass in the 11-on-11 drills while rushing from the left end position.
6. Rose booms field goals. Falcons rookie kicker Nick Rose made 7-of-9 field goal attempts. He missed wide right from 42 yards and from 52 yards.
7. Big catches. Falcons wide receiver Justin Hardy had a spectacular sideline catch. On the last play of practice, tight end Levine Toilolo caught bomb from Matt Schaub.
90-MAN ROSTER ANALYSIS — POSITION BY POSITION
FALCONS’ OFFSEASON SPOTLIGHTS