5 things to know about the Falcons on Wednesday
The AJC’s D. Orlando Ledbetter and Liz Gonzales chat about what to expect from the Falcons in the air, on the ground and on the other side of ball against the Panthers.
NEW ORLEANS, LA – SEPTEMBER 26: Desmond Trufant #21 of the Atlanta Falcons sacks Drew Brees #9 of the New Orleans Saints during the second half of a game at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome on September 26, 2016 in New Orleans, Louisiana. (Photo by Jonathan Bachman/Getty Images)
FLOWERY BRANCH — After posting a thrilling 45-32 victory over the New Orleans Saints, the Falcons (2-1) will host the Carolina Panthers (1-2) at 1. p.m. Sunday at the Georgia Dome.
Here are five things to know about the Falcons on Wednesday:
1. Practice. The Falcons had Tuesday off and return to practice today at 1:45 p.m. The Falcons did not workout any players on Monday or Tuesday.
2. Thumbs up for Ryan. Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan will participate in practice after banging his left thumb.
3. Sanu to be limited. Falcons wide receiver Mohamed Sanu injured his shoulder against the Saints. He will be limited in practice, but is expected to play against the Panthers.
4. Power rankings. The Falcons have moved up in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s latest power rankings.
5. The Newton Rules. The NFL long has protected its quarterbacks, even when the league showed little interest in the health of players at other positions. There is a financial incentive: the quarterbacks usually are the marquee names, they are the highest-paid players on average and they are the most difficult players to replace.
GAME THREE: Falcons 45, Saints 32
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ 45-32 win over the Saints
Falcons, Saints protest with unity circle before game
REPORT CARD: Falcons earned high marks for drubbing Saints
What Dan Quinn had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
What Matt Ryan had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
What the Falcons had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
Keanu Neal makes strong debut for Falcons
Falcons’ Deion Jones runs for glory, not survival, in return home
AJC POWER RANKINGS: Falcons best in NFC South?
GAME TWO: Falcons 35, Raiders 28
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ win over the Raiders
Trufant’s heads-up play saves the day
Tight ends help to power offense
Weatherspoon plays strong in first start since 2013
Matthews, Schraeder held Mack sack-less
JEFF SCHULTZ: Falcons put on offensive show and win
What Matt Ryan had to say after beating the Raiders
What Dan Quinn had to say after the win over the Raiders
GAME ONE: Buccaneers 31, Falcons 24
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ loss to the Bucs
No sacks for new-look Falcons pass rush
Julio Jones not worried about his ankle injury
Falcons have a case of the “no-huddle” blues
REPORT CARD: Falcons can’t ‘gift’ opponents 17 points
FILM REVIEW: Beasley missing in action
AJC’S NFL POWER RANKINGS: Where are the Falcons?
Hageman charged is domestic violence case