5 things to know about the Falcons on Monday
The Falcons turned up the defensive pressure and made life miserable for rookie Paxton Lynch. The AJC’s D. Orlando Ledbetter and Justin Horowitz discuss the Falcons’ 23-16 win over the Broncos.
DENVER, CO – OCTOBER 9: Quarterback Matt Ryan #2 of the Atlanta Falcons throws a touchdown pass in the third quarter of the game against the Denver Broncos at Sports Authority Field at Mile High on October 9, 2016 in Denver, Colorado. (Photo by Dustin Bradford/Getty Images)
After posting a stunning 23-16 upset victory over the defending Super Bowl champion Denver Broncos, the Falcons (4-1) are set to face the Seattle Seahawks (3-1) at 4:25 p.m. Sunday in Seattle.
Here are five things to know about the Falcons on Monday:
1. Vic Beasley has breakout game. Falcons defensive end Vic Beasley turned in his best game as a NFL player against the Broncos. Beasley finished with 3.5 sacks, two forced fumbles and two quarterback hits to lead the Falcons’ much maligned pass rush.
2. Coleman shines. Running back Tevin Coleman accounted for 163 yards on 10 touches to power the offense.
3. Versatility matters. Falcons safety Kemal Ishmael started at linebacker and led the team in tackles.
4. Quinn composed. Here’s what Falcons coach Dan Quinn had to say after the game.
5. Off to Seattle. The Falcons flew to Seattle immediately following the game. They will practice in Seattle this week at the University of Washington. Quinn is set to speak to the media today at 6:30 p.m.
GAME FOUR: Falcons 48, Panthers 33
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ 48-33 win over the Panthers
Tweetcap: Falcons 48, Panthers 33
Old pro Freeney shows new trick with Falcons
Falcons’ rookie Neal holds on vs. Olsen
What Julio Jones had to say after the 48-33 win over the Panthers
What Dan Quinn had to say after the 48-33 win over the Panthers
What Matt Ryan had to say after the 48-33 win over the Panthers
Alford battled; Collins to return
Early view in NFC South isn’t what most expected; Falcons on top
GAME THREE: Falcons 45, Saints 32
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ 45-32 win over the Saints
Falcons, Saints protest with unity circle before game
REPORT CARD: Falcons earned high marks for drubbing Saints
What Dan Quinn had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
What Matt Ryan had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
What the Falcons had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
Keanu Neal makes strong debut for Falcons
Falcons’ Deion Jones runs for glory, not survival, in return home
AJC POWER RANKINGS: Falcons best in NFC South?
GAME TWO: Falcons 35, Raiders 28
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ win over the Raiders
Trufant’s heads-up play saves the day
Tight ends help to power offense
Weatherspoon plays strong in first start since 2013
Matthews, Schraeder held Mack sack-less
JEFF SCHULTZ: Falcons put on offensive show and win
What Matt Ryan had to say after beating the Raiders
What Dan Quinn had to say after the win over the Raiders
GAME ONE: Buccaneers 31, Falcons 24
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ loss to the Bucs
No sacks for new-look Falcons pass rush
Julio Jones not worried about his ankle injury
Falcons have a case of the “no-huddle” blues
REPORT CARD: Falcons can’t ‘gift’ opponents 17 points
FILM REVIEW: Beasley missing in action
AJC’S NFL POWER RANKINGS: Where are the Falcons?
Hageman charged is domestic violence case