5 thing to know about the Falcons on Wednesday
The AJC’s D. Orlando Ledbetter is in Seattle and joins Noah Coslov to compare this year’s start to last year’s and get into how the Falcons will attack the Seahawks’ defense on Sunday.
A husky statue guards the student entrance at the newly renovated Husky Stadium Wednesday, Aug. 28, 2013, in Seattle. The $280 million renovation for the home of Washington football, which opened there back in 2013 against Boise State, modernized the aging facility. (AP Photo/Elaine Thompson)
SEATTLE — After posting a stunning 23-16 upset victory over the defending Super Bowl champion Denver Broncos, the Falcons (4-1) are set to face the Seattle Seahawks (3-1) at 4:25 p.m. Sunday in Seattle.
Here are five things to know about the Falcons on Wednesday:
1. Practice. The Falcons return to practice at 4 p.m. at the University of Washington.
2. Injury report. The Falcons are set to get linebackers De’Vondre Campbell, Deion Jones and Paul Worrilow back in some capacity when they return to practice on Wednesday.
3. Collins update. Second-round pick Jalen Collins was inactive after serving his four-game suspension for using performance enhancement drugs. Falcons coach Dan Quinn said it was a personnel decision.
4. Quinn vs Carroll I: Falcons coach Dan Quinn is going to try to deflect attention to the team, but there will be no running from the fact that he’s about to face one of his mentor’s in Pete Carroll.
5. Practice squad roster churn: The Falcons added linebacker David Tull, who played at Chattanooga, to the practice squad on Tuesday. Left-footed punter Michael Palardy was released to make room. Tull, who a three-time Southern Conference defensive player of the year, had a tryout with the Falcons on Sept. 20. Tull had 37 career sacks for the Mocs.
GAME FIVE: Falcons 23, Broncos 16
5 things we learned from the Falcons upset of Super Bowl champs
MARK BRADLEY: The Falcons rock a rookie in the Rockies
What Dan Quinn have to say after the win over Denver
Coleman amassed 163 yards to power the offense
Vic Beasley has breakout game with 3.5 sacks
Kemal Ishmael moved to linebacker, led team in tackles
What the Falcons had to say after the win over the Broncos
Photos: Falcons battle the Broncos
GAME FOUR: Falcons 48, Panthers 33
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ 48-33 win over the Panthers
Tweetcap: Falcons 48, Panthers 33
Old pro Freeney shows new trick with Falcons
Falcons’ rookie Neal holds on vs. Olsen
What Julio Jones had to say after the 48-33 win over the Panthers
What Dan Quinn had to say after the 48-33 win over the Panthers
What Matt Ryan had to say after the 48-33 win over the Panthers
Alford battled; Collins to return
Early view in NFC South isn’t what most expected; Falcons on top
GAME THREE: Falcons 45, Saints 32
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ 45-32 win over the Saints
Falcons, Saints protest with unity circle before game
REPORT CARD: Falcons earned high marks for drubbing Saints
What Dan Quinn had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
What Matt Ryan had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
What the Falcons had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
Keanu Neal makes strong debut for Falcons
Falcons’ Deion Jones runs for glory, not survival, in return home
AJC POWER RANKINGS: Falcons best in NFC South?
GAME TWO: Falcons 35, Raiders 28
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ win over the Raiders
Trufant’s heads-up play saves the day
Tight ends help to power offense
Weatherspoon plays strong in first start since 2013
Matthews, Schraeder held Mack sack-less
JEFF SCHULTZ: Falcons put on offensive show and win
What Matt Ryan had to say after beating the Raiders
What Dan Quinn had to say after the win over the Raiders
GAME ONE: Buccaneers 31, Falcons 24
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ loss to the Bucs
No sacks for new-look Falcons pass rush
Julio Jones not worried about his ankle injury
Falcons have a case of the “no-huddle” blues
REPORT CARD: Falcons can’t ‘gift’ opponents 17 points
FILM REVIEW: Beasley missing in action
AJC’S NFL POWER RANKINGS: Where are the Falcons?
Hageman charged is domestic violence case