5 things we learned from the Falcons’ practice at Husky Stadium
SEATTLE — Here are five quick takes from the open portion of the Falcons’ practice today at Husky Stadium.
1. JULIO JONES UPDATE: Julio Jones was held out of practice with a banged up knee/shin. We’ll have the full injury report after practice.
2. JONES, CAMPBELL BACK: Linebacker Deion Jones and De’Vondre Campell were running well as they returned to practice from their ankle injuries. They were both running full speed down the field on punt coverage and ran well.
3. READ OPTION: Coach Dan Quinn was going over the read-option principles with the defensive ends. The Falcons are getting ready for Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson.
4. PASS RUSH: Defensive line coach Bryan Cox was at work with his group. He didn’t like one of Derrick Shelby’s rushes and he let him know. Shelby took the coaching well.
5. HOMECOMING: Cornerback Desmond Trufant, safety Dashon Goldson and tight end Joshua Perkins all played at University of Washington.
Falcons defensive end Vic Beasley (right) going against defensive end Brooks Reed in drills. (By D. Orlando Ledbetterfirstname.lastname@example.org)
GAME FIVE: Falcons 23, Broncos 16
5 things we learned from the Falcons upset of Super Bowl champs
MARK BRADLEY: The Falcons rock a rookie in the Rockies
What Dan Quinn have to say after the win over Denver
Coleman amassed 163 yards to power the offense
Vic Beasley has breakout game with 3.5 sacks
Kemal Ishmael moved to linebacker, led team in tackles
What the Falcons had to say after the win over the Broncos
Photos: Falcons battle the Broncos
GAME FOUR: Falcons 48, Panthers 33
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ 48-33 win over the Panthers
Tweetcap: Falcons 48, Panthers 33
Old pro Freeney shows new trick with Falcons
Falcons’ rookie Neal holds on vs. Olsen
What Julio Jones had to say after the 48-33 win over the Panthers
What Dan Quinn had to say after the 48-33 win over the Panthers
What Matt Ryan had to say after the 48-33 win over the Panthers
Alford battled; Collins to return
Early view in NFC South isn’t what most expected; Falcons on top
GAME THREE: Falcons 45, Saints 32
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ 45-32 win over the Saints
Falcons, Saints protest with unity circle before game
REPORT CARD: Falcons earned high marks for drubbing Saints
What Dan Quinn had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
What Matt Ryan had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
What the Falcons had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
Keanu Neal makes strong debut for Falcons
Falcons’ Deion Jones runs for glory, not survival, in return home
AJC POWER RANKINGS: Falcons best in NFC South?
GAME TWO: Falcons 35, Raiders 28
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ win over the Raiders
Trufant’s heads-up play saves the day
Tight ends help to power offense
Weatherspoon plays strong in first start since 2013
Matthews, Schraeder held Mack sack-less
JEFF SCHULTZ: Falcons put on offensive show and win
What Matt Ryan had to say after beating the Raiders
What Dan Quinn had to say after the win over the Raiders
GAME ONE: Buccaneers 31, Falcons 24
5 things we learned from the Falcons’ loss to the Bucs
No sacks for new-look Falcons pass rush
Julio Jones not worried about his ankle injury
Falcons have a case of the “no-huddle” blues
REPORT CARD: Falcons can’t ‘gift’ opponents 17 points
FILM REVIEW: Beasley missing in action
AJC’S NFL POWER RANKINGS: Where are the Falcons?
Hageman charged is domestic violence case