FLOWERY BRANCH — Falcons running back Devonta Freeman, a two-time Pro Bowler, plans to run with more authority next season.
Here are five things we learned from Freeman on Tuesday:
- MUSCLE: Devonta Freeman said he’s added about five pounds of muscle. He hope that allows him to break more tackles.
- ON SARK: He believes the new offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian is a “player’s coach” and noted that he’s not expecting any changes to the offense.
- SUPER BOWL HANGOVER: Freeman admitted that he’s still trying to get over the Super Bowl loss and his key missed block on New England linebacker Donte Hightower in the game.
- CONTRACT UPDATE: He’s said he’s on the same page with team and that Uncle Luther Campbell doesn’t work for him. More on this later form Jeff Schultz.
- DYNAMIC DUO: Freeman said he felt that himself and Tevin Coleman were the best running back duo in the NFL.
THE FALCONS 2017 DRAFT