FLOWERY BRANCH – Falcons coach Dan Quinn put the team through an OTA (non contact) practice on Tuesday.
Here are the five things we learn:
- Returnees: Cornerback Desmond Trufant (pectoral surgery), defensive end Derrick Shelby (Achilles surgery) and linebacker Kemal Ishmael (shoulder surgery) all returned to practice.
- Injury report: Wide receiver Julio Jones, wide receiver Taylor Gabriel, tight end D.J. Tialavea did not practice and worked off to the side with trainers. Jones did some light jogging. Also, defensive Adrian Clayborn (pectoral injury) and linebacker Christian Tago did not practice. Wide receiver Devin Fuller spent some time with the trainers before returning to practice.
- Fort Benning visitors: About 100 soldiers from Fort Benning attending practice. The Falcons signed autographs for them after practice.
- Freeney status. Falcons coach Dan Quinn said he’s talked with Dwight Freeney, but the team is evaluating it’s roster right now.
- Coaching visitors: Coaches from Georgia State, Mississippi State and Princeton were on hand to watch practice.